45th Annual Dressage Championships
Saturday 21st October 2018
Dressage Tests – *1D, *2D, *3D, 4D *1E, *2E, *3E, 4C, 4E, 5C, 5D
5A & 5B, (for riders under 10 years)
**The PCAV Grades 1, 2, 3 & 4 are a qualification competition for selection to the PCAV State Dressage Championships**
HRCAV tests .4 & .6 for each level from 5 to Advanced
PCAV and OPEN Champion Sashes for each level/Section
ENTRY FEE’s: $26 for first test, $25 for each additional test. Plus $10 Day attendance, if the rider is unable to provide proof of insurance.
ENTRIES CLOSE: Friday 12 October
SUNDAY ENTRY FEE’s: To be paid by EFT BSB 633000 Account 131309080, Please Email EFT receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be paid by Cheques payable to Ringwood HPC, Please Post Cheques to E Apsey, 30 Rothesay Avenue Malvern East 31Miller Street, Box Hill 3128
Gates open at 7:30am ‐ Open rings start at 9am
These will be awarded to the overall winner of each Level/Section. Scores will be taken from the two Tests in that level/Section
Riders can compete at more than one level/Section, but only the scores at each particular level/Section will be used for the Championship Ribbon.
Pony Club Riders must enter the Pony Club Graded Riders Section at their grade level; however, they can ride at any level in the Open sections.
Competitor numbers – the organising committee will pre-allocate and advise numbers. Competitors must supply their own back, bridle or saddle blanket numbers.
HRCAV tests, will be held in the 60m x 20m sized arenas.
Level 4 & 5 PCAV tests will be held in the 40m x 20m arenas.
Please put your entry in early, to avoid missing out.
The competition consists of
(a) Graded Pony Club Rider Section (PCAV 2013 TESTS) – you must ride at your PC Level
(b) Open Sections (PCAV 2013 & EA 2013/14 TESTS) which are available to any rider
• Medical Armbands are required to be worn by all competitors (Pony Club and Open)
• Entering this competition (Sunday) constitutes an acknowledgement that PCAV rules apply and acceptance of these rules.
• The Organising Committee reserves the right to cancel any class or competition; divide any class; alter times; refuse any entry with or without stating the reason.
All open competitors must sign a Day Attendance Form (and Liability Declaration Form) and do not need to pay $10.00 Day Attendance Fee if they are a current
member of, and provide proof of membership:
• Pony Club Association of Victoria
• Equestrian Australia
• An interstate Pony Club
• Arab Horse Society of Australia (AHSA)
• Australian Endurance Riders Association (AERA), or
• Can provide proof that they are covered by Public Liability Insurance Policy with a minimum of $10,000,000.
• All PCAV & EA cards must be inspected at the secretary’s office.
• All riders must pay the $1 zone levy. This is included in entry fees.
• No refunds after closing date except with vet or medical certificate. All refunds will incur a $10 administration fee.
• Neither the organising committee of this competition nor the PCAV accepts any responsibility whatsoever for any accident, damage, injury or illness to horses, riders, ground spectators or any other person or property.
• All riders must wear complying helmets. Spot checks to ensure compliance may occur.
• Competitors must supply their own back, bridle or saddle cloth numbers.
• Queries, protests, horse abuse as per the PCAV (Sunday) Handbook of By-Laws.
• No dogs allowed.
• Competitors may ride more than one horse competitively subject to ballot of entries. Please fill out 1 entry per combination and indicate preference or order of horses.
• PCAV Riders competing in any open section, must sign the day attendance form. Parent/Guardians also need to sign if participant is under 18 years of age.
• Pony Club riders may ride in both Pony Club and Open sections on the same horse.
• PCAV Alcohol Policy applies
• In the Open Tests Riders may wear Pony Club Uniforms or Jackets.
• Horses can only be lunged in the small arena on the north side of grounds.
• All Riders must present for gear check at least 15 minutes before each Dressage test.
• Please check your Dressage Times on the Day and be prepared to ride earlier, if classes are running ahead of time.
• The event to be run under Pony Club Rules – No stallions, colts or rigs allowed.